Monday, September 15, 2008

Eye opener...

Well, yesterday was my first day to ever teach a class at church. However on the same note it was a choice I made after church camp. I really wanted to learn and understand what it is like to be 10 again. Well let me tell you I only had 4 boys in my class. I was expecting them to be really quiet and to have ackward moments of silence, ahhh not. Mitchell, Braden, Johnathan, and Lukus talked my ear off. I had planned on spending my first Sunday getting to know the kids in my class, and thats exactly what happened. The 45 mins flew by, we all chatted for about 10 mins while we drew our names on a big sheet of paper, to help me put a name to a face. Then we took about 10 mins on the floor and each of us prayed. Then I took them outside and we traced out our images with chalk and talked about how we were created in the image of God. And then back to the classroom to finish off the day, and let me tell you our room is about 6' x 6', so the personal space is not available. Anyways I had a great time and I can't wait for next week.


Thanks,

Chad

2 comments:

Brenda said...

The 4 boys really seemed to enjoy your class. Especially the part about going outside! Great way to be creative!
With kids...yeah...get use to NO personal space and lots of talking.
You'll feel like you are 10 again in no time!

Shane Coffman said...

I've been wondering who drew on the parking lot...