Thursday, July 24, 2008

The game master!!!!

All I can say is" I am so excited about this weekend". I will be helping out this weekend at our Jr. Camp retreat, outing, camping...or whatever you want to call it. I am just looking forward to it. What is funny about it, is that I am most looking forward to being in charge of the evening game time for all the campers. I am also really nervous about it. Where to start, what to do, and what to bring. I have so many fun ideas, but what will the kids think? I sometimes go overboard with the planning....ok almost all the time. However my heart is in the right place, I just want the kids to have a blast and be looking forward to camp every year. This is the first year for me and the third for Brenda, Lukus, and Emilie. I hope I can keep up.

My plan is to follow my heart and let God show me how to have fun like a kid again. And to be a patient and loving leader to the campers. To allow my fears and anxieties to disappear, and to be replaced with peace and passion.


Now lets go have fun....Whoppee!!!!!!!!!!

Chadwick

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I am SOOO excited you are getting to go with us this year. I think the kids are going to LOVE you! And you will have so much fun! Can't wait until we leave and I can't for this next week.

Robert said...

Don't stress, don't overplan. It'll take an hour to play the game that the "book" says will take 15 minutes.

And don't forget to link the game to a Bible application - it makes it a powerful teaching moment!

Just the fact that your a man, a dad, hanging out with kids for a week is already making a kingdom difference in the lives of these kids.

May God bless you and lend you his strength, wisdom, and fortitude this week - you'll need it.

Tammy said...

Go and have fun and think cooling thoughts! I love you!

Jeanne said...

Just wear them out, keep them running, jumping, anything that makes them super, super tired!!!!! You will be the favorite counselor of the kids and the ADULTS!!!!! Have fun!!!!